Throckmorton Theatre’s Intern Program provides young adults an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a non-profit theatre through hands on experience. Each intern will have the opportunity to work closely with theatre professionals gaining immeasurable experience and a broadened skill set encompassing all aspects of running a theatre. As part of the program, Interns will be heavily involved in the productions that occur throughout the year. In alignment with the Throckmorton’s educational mission to Nurture, Engage, Employ and Reflect, our internship program has been crafted to provide deeper connections to the community and self as well as meaningful experiences to carry on throughout life. All interns will receive individual attention and training and are mentored by the direct leadership in their area of focus.
Theatre Interns area of concentration can include: stage management, props, marketing, directing, set design, costume design, lighting and sound. Interns will have the opportunity to experience different aspects of production and to find areas of interest they can expand upon throughout the internship and beyond. Interns focused on production will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of backstage management including leading crew, props, sets, shadowing a Production Stage Manager, calling a show, taking notes from the Director, creating prop and costume plots, emailing cast call lists, and attending production meetings.
- A Strong Interest in Live Theatre
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Computer Competence
- Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
- Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
- Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
- Evening and some weekend availability required
- Time Management Skills a Must
- A Can-Do Attitude!
We request that ALL interns be available for a minimum of 2 of the following areas during their 3 month commitment:
- Lobby Greeter
- Attend one Table Read or Final Dress
- Opening Night Events
- Load-In and Strike of Productions
- Rehearsal Assistance as Needed
- Production Meetings
- Tech Rehearsals
All interns are eligible for:
- A Throckmorton Intern Membership Card that is good for the duration of the internship. The card entitles each intern to complimentary admission to shows at the theatre based on reservation and request.
- a Certificate of Achievement at the end of their internship.
- Invitations to special events and behind the scenes meetings.
Dates: Our Fall 2017 Internship Program will begin in September/October of 2017 and is a 3 month commitment. Hours are flexible based on school hours and schedules but on average you can expect to spend anywhere from 5-15 hours a week.
To Apply please send the following to email@example.com and include “Internship Program-[your name]” as the subject.
- Cover Letter (stating what excites you about the Internship Program and your special interests and experience with theatre).