There is an incredible wealth of talent who make their home right here in the Bay Area. Our Sunday Sessions invite performers in to share their talents and our community in to enjoy and be inspired! Throckmorton Theatre is committed to fostering community and providing accessible, transforming musical experiences in intimate settings. Sunday Sessions are free of charge to the public. We pay a small stipend to performers, donations to support these events are gratefully accepted and help us keep the doors open. For further information you can contact us at SundaySessions@142ThrockmortonTheatre.org.
Ongoing Sunday Sessions:
Sunday Sessions Kimrea’s Pro Showcase
- For these Sunday Sessions we invite some of the unsung working musicians, who form the backbone of the Bay Area music scene, to join us and showcase their talent. These musicians are established Bay Area performers, session players, sidemen and undiscovered talent! Come for some fabulous music and discover for yourself! Kimrea, a prolifically active songwriter and performing musician, taps the talent for these Sunday Sessions, as well as the supporting musicians. She and her band continue to play regularly in the Bay Area and can be found every Monday Night (For the Last 14 years and counting) performing at the Historic No Name Bar in Sausalito, California.
Some of Pro Sessions past featured performers include:
- Lisa Kindred www.lisakindred.com (Blues Singer)
- Derek Evans https://www.facebook.com/derek.evans.7374 (R&B, Jazz, Country, Rock, Blues Singer)
- Jose’ Neto www.joseneto.com (Brazillian Jazz)
- Ron Borelli http://www.ronborelli.com/ (Master Accordion Player, Classics, Jazz and Italian music)
- Todd Swensen https://www.facebook.com/toddwswenson (Master Guitarist, Country, Rock, R&B, Blues, Jazz)
- GiGi Amos http://www.twogees.com/ (Blues Guitarist & Singer)
- Grant Ewald https://www.facebook.com/grant.ewald.3 (Pianist and vocalist, all styles)
- Backing musicians: Joe Lococo – guitar, Russ Whitehead – bass, Willie Riser – bass, Elvis Johnson – drums, Roscoe Gallo – Piano
Sunday Sessions with the Nathan Bickart Trio
- The Nathan Bickart Trio combines a deep respect for jazz heritage with a desire to explore the ways in which this tradition has transformed into and supported related genres like R&B, funk, and hip-hop. Featuring Bay Area based musicians, the trio plays original compositions and jazz standards sure to brighten your evening and move your feet! Nathan Bickart is a talented pianist, composer, and educator based in Berkeley, CA. Classically trained since age 6, Nathan began to play jazz in high school and has been heavily involved in the Bay Area jazz scene ever since. Nathan graduated from UC Berkeley, where he studied both Ecology and Music and learned from Bay Area piano greats Myra Melford, Peter Horvath, Gini Wilson, and Frank Martin. His music combines eclectic influences ranging from hip-hop to bluegrass, from Bill Evans to Robert Glasper.
Sunday Sessions with Chai and Chocolate
- Chai and Chocolate invites the community in for the inspiration of Indian music and non-stop chai and organic chocolate! Held from 3-6pm – this Sunday Session is regularly packed! We are grateful to Alter Eco for providing their beautiful organic chocolates for this event.