Throckmorton Theatre is committed to fostering community and providing accessible, transforming experiences. We believe the arts create and bestow community identity and a strong sense of identity and pride rallies confidence, hope and productivity. This cannot be done, however, without risk, adventure, and the willingness to embrace and understand the new. We embrace that risk every day.
Our Sunday Sessions offer the community the opportunity to discover artists and be inspired in an intimate and positive setting. To ensure accessibility we offer these sessions free of charge to the public. We pay a small stipend to performers.
Sunday Sessions Kimrea’s Pro Showcase
- For these Sunday Sessions we invite some of the unsung working musicians, who form the backbone of the Bay Area music scene, to join us and showcase their talent. These musicians are established Bay Area performers, session players, sidemen and undiscovered talent! Come for some fabulous music and discover for yourself! Kimrea, a prolifically active songwriter and performing musician, taps the talent for these Sunday Sessions, as well as the supporting musicians. She and her band continue to play regularly in the Bay Area and can be found every Monday Night (For the Last 14 years and counting) performing at the Historic No Name Bar in Sausalito, California.
Some of Pro Sessions past featured performers include:
- Lisa Kindred www.lisakindred.com (Blues Singer)
- Derek Evans https://www.facebook.com/derek.evans.7374 (R&B, Jazz, Country, Rock, Blues Singer)
- Jose’ Neto www.joseneto.com (Brazillian Jazz)
- Ron Borelli http://www.ronborelli.com/ (Master Accordion Player, Classics, Jazz and Italian music)
- Todd Swensen https://www.facebook.com/toddwswenson (Master Guitarist, Country, Rock, R&B, Blues, Jazz)
- GiGi Amos http://www.twogees.com/ (Blues Guitarist & Singer)
- Grant Ewald https://www.facebook.com/grant.ewald.3 (Pianist and vocalist, all styles)
- Backing musicians: Joe Lococo – guitar, Russ Whitehead – bass, Willie Riser – bass, Elvis Johnson – drums, Roscoe Gallo – Piano
Sunday Sessions with the Nathan Bickart Trio
- The Nathan Bickart Trio combines a deep respect for jazz heritage with a desire to explore the ways in which this tradition has transformed into and supported related genres like R&B, funk, and hip-hop. Featuring Bay Area based musicians, the trio plays original compositions and jazz standards sure to brighten your evening and move your feet! Nathan Bickart is a talented pianist, composer, and educator based in Berkeley, CA. Classically trained since age 6, Nathan began to play jazz in high school and has been heavily involved in the Bay Area jazz scene ever since. Nathan graduated from UC Berkeley, where he studied both Ecology and Music and learned from Bay Area piano greats Myra Melford, Peter Horvath, Gini Wilson, and Frank Martin. His music combines eclectic influences ranging from hip-hop to bluegrass, from Bill Evans to Robert Glasper.
Sunday Sessions with Chai and Chocolate
- Chai and Chocolate invites the community in for the inspiration of Indian music and non-stop chai and organic chocolate!